1. Participant refers to a person who completes any of the assessments contained within the online Perception Analytics system (Perception System). Client refers to a person, business, company or organisation that has entered into an agreement with The Perception Group International Pty Limited (Perception) to access the Perception System for an agreed fee (and includes any person who accesses the Perception System for or on behalf of the Client). Losses refers to any claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses regardless of whether incurred or awarded) arising in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise.
2. The terms and conditions (Terms) under which Perception provides Participants and Clients access to the Perception System are set out below. If you do not accept these Terms do not use the Perception System. By proceeding to use the Perception System you acknowledge that you have agreed to these Terms. Perception may update these Terms from time to time without prior notice. The Terms displayed on the Perception System at the time of your use will govern that use.
3. The Participant and Client acknowledge and agree that reports and any other information produced by or in conjunction with the Perception System (Reports) are based on information provided by the Participant in response to the online assessment questionnaires and that Perception cannot and does not warrant the accuracy or truthfulness of the Participant’s responses nor does it warrant or represent that it has, or will, check such information provided by the Participant to establish its accuracy or truthfulness. The Participant warrants and represents that the information provided by the Participant in response to the online assessment questionnaires are accurate, true and complete. Perception, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, licensors, distributors, partners or agents disclaim any and all liability to any Participant, Client, or any other person for any Losses which arise, or may arise, directly or indirectly from or in connection with a person's reliance upon the information contained in any reports or information produced from the Perception System.
4. The Participant and the Client each acknowledge that all copyright and other intellectual property rights in the Perception System (including all logos and trade marks appearing on the Perception System) are owned by Perception and/or its licensors. Participants and Clients must not (and must not attempt to):
(a) except as otherwise permitted under these Terms, use or copy any part of the Perception System without Perception's prior written consent;
(b) distribute, translate, modify or tamper with, any part of the Perception System;
(c) introduce into the Perception System any computer code that is harmful, destructive, disabling or which assists in or enables theft, alteration, denial of service, unauthorised disclosure, destruction or corruption of data (Harmful Code);
(d) disassemble, reverse-engineer or create derivative works of or from any part of the Perception System;
(e) sell, rent, lease, sub-license, assign, exchange or otherwise deal with or transfer the intellectual property rights in the Perception System or the Participant's or Client's rights under these Terms; or
(f) permit or assist any person to engage in any act described in paragraphs (a) to (e) above.
5. Each Participant and Client must provide their own internet access and equipment in order to use the Perception System. They are responsible for the operation and maintenance of their equipment and for ensuring the Perception System is accessible from their equipment. They are responsible for all internet access, data download and other network charges arising from their use of the Perception System and acknowledge and agree that Perception is not responsible or liable for those charges.
6. If Perception provides any login details or passwords to access the Perception System, these must be kept confidential and must not be disclosed to any person. If a Participant or Client breaches their obligations under this paragraph and another person uses their login details or password for the Perception System, the Participant or Client (as the case may be) will be responsible and liable for the use that that person makes of the Perception System with its login details or password and must indemnify Perception against any Losses suffered or incurred by Perception arising in connection with such use.
7. Without limiting paragraph 3 above, any Reports are intended to provide behavioural and aptitude information and are intended to be a guide only, to assist a Participant and Client find the right job fit, and to provide Participants and Clients with career development guidance. The Reports do not suggest, imply or represent in any way. that a Participant can or cannot do a job successfully and the Reports should not be used (and are not intended to be used) as the sole basis of determining a Participant's suitability or unsuitability for employment.
8. Perception, its officers, directors, employees, contractors, licensors, distributors, partners or agents are not liable for any Losses of any nature arising, directly or indirectly, out of or in connection with:
(a) the reporting or analysis of the Participant or any use or impact of any Reports, comments, analysis or other information in respect of any decision of any person to employ, continue to employ, not employ, offer employment to, or not offer employment to, a Participant;
(b) the provision, use, inability to use, performance, non-performance, availability, unavailability, interruption, suspension or termination of, or any errors, bugs or deficiencies in functionality of, the Perception System, or reliance upon any material or report (including the Report);
(c) any delay or failure in performance resulting from any acts of nature or other forces outside the reasonable control of Perception, including without limitation incorrect or inaccurate information, internet failure, equipment failure or any natural or other disaster;
(d) the existence of any Harmful Code on the Website or the Perception System; or
(e) any loss or damage to any equipment or property, or any loss, alteration or unauthorised disclosure of Client or Participant data.
9. Subject to paragraph 7 above, Perception will use its reasonable endeavours to make the Perception System available 24 hours a day. However, the availability of the Perception System depends on various third party suppliers of Perception, the Participant and the Client, and accordingly, Perception does not warrant or guarantee: (a) that Participants and Clients will be able to use the Perception System at any time; or (b) that Participant's or Client's use of the Perception System will be continuous, uninterrupted, secure or error-free. Perception also makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness or timeliness of the information, software or links on the Perception System. Changes are constantly made to the Perception System and may be made at any time. The Perception System may be unavailable or access may be interrupted from time to time due to maintenance, upgrade or technical issues.
10. Under Australian Consumer Law (and other similar legislation of Australian states and territories), certain statutory guarantees are conferred in relation to the supply of goods or services to a Consumer (Consumer Guarantees). Where a Participant or Client, as a Consumer, acquires goods or services under these Terms and:
(a) the goods or services are of a kind ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption (PDH Goods or Services), the operation of the Consumer Guarantees cannot be, and are not in these Terms, excluded, restricted or modified; or
(b) the goods or services are not PDH Goods or Services, Perception limits its liability for a failure to comply with any Consumer Guarantee (other than where to do so would otherwise cause all or part of this clause to be void) to, at Perception's option: (i) in the case of goods, repairing or replacing the goods or paying the cost of having the goods repaired or replaced; and (ii) in the case of services, re-supplying the services or paying the cost of having the services re-supplied, and Perception does not exclude or limit the operation of the Consumer Guarantees under any other provision of these Terms or in any other manner and the Participant or Client agrees it is fair and reasonable in all the circumstances for Perception's liability to be so limited.
11. To the extent permitted by law, Perception excludes from these Terms all representations, guarantees, conditions, warranties, rights, remedies, liabilities and other terms that may be conferred or implied by statute, general law or custom, except any guarantee or right conferred under any legislation (including the Australian Consumer Law), the exclusion of which would contravene legislation or cause part or all of this clause to be void. Except for any liability under the Consumer Guarantees, Perception excludes all responsibility and liability arising from or in connection with the Participant's or Client's use of the Perception System, including, without limitation:
(a) any and all actual or anticipated loss of profits, revenue, goodwill, savings, data, business opportunity, or expectation, and any and all indirect, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary Losses; and
(b) any other Losses.
13. Perception reserves the right to: (a) suspend use of, or withdraw, the Perception System and/or any of its features or components; and (b) add to, amend, remove, or disable access to, any part of the Perception System, in each case at any time and for any reason, without notice to the Participant or Client. If requested by Perception, each Participant and Client must immediately: (a) cease use of the Perception System; and/or (b) destroy, expunge, disable or restrict access to any information from the Perception System that has been made available to them, including any Reports, and any information derived or generated from that information.
14. Perception does not waive a right, power or remedy in connection with these Terms if it fails to exercise or delays in exercising the right, power or remedy.
15. This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New South Wales, Australia and the parties agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
The Perception Group International Pty Limited ABN 14 609 302 089 North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
Individuals in Europe
If you are in the European Union (including the European Economic Area (EEA), the collection and processing of your personal information will be subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) (GDPR) from 25 May 2018. In providing services to our customers, we collect and process personal information on behalf of our customers as a data processor about applicants and candidates for employment with them and about their employees. This collection and processing is necessary for ours and our customers' legitimate interests. Otherwise, including for individual users of our website services, Perception will be a data controller for the purposes of the GDPR and this policy includes information that must be provided to you when we collect your personal information.
Personal Information Collected and How it is Collected, Held, Used and Disclosed
1. We collect personal information from:
(a) our customers; and
(b) other users of our website and services at several different points, including on or through the use of our website, online surveys, assessment forms, system registration and data analysis.
2. This information is collected to provide contracted services to our customers which comprise for the purposes of managing applications for employment, assessing a candidate's suitability for particular employment opportunities, advising prospective employees' data analysis, and monitoring and assessing successful candidates, employees and personnel of our customers.
3. The personal information collected may consist of an individual's:
(a) name, mobile phone number, email address, household address, year of birth, country of birth, citizenship and visa information, languages background, gender, personal photographs, identification and references;
(b) employment related information such as employment status, employment and education history, job performance data, personal traits, personal skills, and employment disciplinary history; and
(c) other information relevant to an employment opportunity, including organizational memberships, hobbies and interests, goals, participation in social networking, prior applications, driving licence information and driving history. This information may also include, with your consent, sensitive information relating to socio-demographic information and personal opinions and beliefs.
4. Perception stores personal information securely on servers in respect of which access is controlled, monitored and audited by Perception employees and contractors.
5. We will keep personal information for as long as we maintain our customer relationship or otherwise as required for our business operations or by applicable laws, including to enforce our rights, for fraud prevention, to identify, issue or resolve legal claims and/or for proper record keeping purposes, including to record any stated objection you may have to receiving direct marketing for the purpose of ensuring that we continue to respect your wishes and do not contact you further.
6. Perception discloses personal information to its customers.
7. Perception may also disclose personal information on a confidential need-to-know basis to its service providers, as part of a merger, acquisition or asset sale, or as otherwise permitted under applicable privacy laws. Any third parties to whom we disclose or permit access to your personal information in the course of providing services on our behalf will be subject to strict contractual restrictions to ensure that they protect personal information and keep it confidential, consistent with relevant privacy and data protection laws.
8. In the event that Perception or a part of the business undergoes re-organization or is sold or licensed to a third party, any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organized entity, licensee or third party.
9. The customers to whom Perception may disclose personal information may be located in various countries, including but not limited to the European Union and the EEA.
Communication from Perception – Direct Marketing
11. From time-to-time, Perception may with your consent where required by applicable law, use personal information it has collected to send promotional and informational communications. You will have the option of indicating your desire to receive or not receive this type of communication at the time you provide your information to Perception. Your consent to receiving these communications can be withdrawn at any time without detriment by unsubscribing.
Security, Storage and Cookies
We use a variety of security measures to keep personal information secure and we take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect the personal information that you share with us from misuse, loss or unauthorized use or disclosure. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure.
Access and/or Correct Personal Information
14. You also have the right to request correction of your personal information and/or in most instances you will be able to correct it yourself through your personal account login.
15. If you are in the European Union -
(a) You also have in certain circumstances the right to request that the personal information that is collected from you is erased, its further processing is restricted or to object to its further processing and the right to data portability. You can also ask that personal information provided by you to us is transmitted to another party. You may also withdraw your consent where it has been provided as a condition of our processing your information or object to the further processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
(b) If we refuse any request you make in relation to these rights, we will write to you to explain why and how you can make a complaint about our decision.
(c) To make a request in respect of these rights or to make a complaint, contact the Privacy Officer.
(d) You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a relevant data protection supervisory authority.
16. If your personal information changes, you may also either correct that information yourself through your personal account login or send an email message to the Privacy Officer; firstname.lastname@example.org and put the word “UPDATE” in the subject line of the message.
17. We will deal with your request to access and/or correct your personal information as soon as is practicable after we receive it (usually within 30 days). While we will not charge you for making a request to access your personal information, we may require you to pay our reasonable costs of providing you with that information. We will not charge you for making a request to correct your personal information or for our costs of correcting your personal information.
Privacy Queries and Complaints
18. If you would like to make a complaint about our handling of your personal information or you have a query or concern about our handling of your personal information, please contact the Privacy Officer.
19. We will need to verify you and may ask you to put your complaint in writing. We will investigate and respond to your complaint as soon as is practicable after we receive it (usually within 30 days).
20. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you can refer it to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
External Links to Other Websites
Privacy Officer Contact Details
The Perception Group International Pty Limited (ABN 14 609 302 089)
Address: 77 Berry Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 Australia
For individuals in Europe
For the purposes of the GDPR, Perception with the address as above is a data controller for our website and services provided through our website.
This policy was last updated: May 2018
You are now entering a service provided by The Perception Group
for and on behalf of Authorised Mercedes-Benz Dealers.
Please note this service is not being provided by Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd or Daimler AG.
You already have an account, please do not register again.
A duplicate account will delay the process until it’s merged or removed.
Please click on Login to continue the process.
If you have any queries, please contact: email@example.com